- Defining a new event
- Editing an event
- Deleting an event
- Best practices
- Implementing the module
Would you like to reward a customer action that isn’t covered by our modules? With Antavo’s Custom events, you can reward any customer action in your store. All you need to do is to define the event on the Custom events module configuration page and send the event through our API.
Find the configuration page by clicking on the ‘Modules’ link in the top menu bar and then selecting the ‘Gamification modules’ from the list on the left-hand side. The page will open to a list of custom events that have already been set up.
Defining a new event
- Click on the ‘Create’ button in the upper right-hand corner of the page
- Name the event (this name should be included in the API call as well)
- Add a label (this will be the listing name of the event in the Automation tool)
- Add a description (this will appear in the Automation tool)
- Assign a point value to the event
- Advanced settings:
- You can set the event as a non-repeating event, which means that we will throw away the event with an error message once it has been sent once already, so the event will not be saved in our database.
- If you’d like to further specify the event, you can add attributes. For example, if you want to reward customers not only for searching but for searching the text “new in”, you can add “new in” as an attribute.
If you tick the ‘Required’ box, we will only save the event if the API call contains the attribute specified.
- Save your work
Editing an event
In the list, click on the event you’d like to edit, change the settings and save your changes.
Deleting an event
Events cannot be deleted from the list, but if you decide not to reward the action anymore, simply set the point value to zero.
- Let your customers know that they can collect points with a custom action by creating a challenge in the Challenges module and adding the custom event to the challenge. In doing this, a card will appear on the loyalty hub that shows your customers how they can earn points. (Please note that in this case the number of points to be awarded for this challenge should be set in the Challenges editor, and the point value of the event must be set to 0 on the Custom events module configuration page, to prevent double rewarding.)
- If you don’t want to create challenges, add banners to your site to promote these new ways to earn points. And be sure to include new earning activities in your newsletters!
- Using the Challenges module, you can further specify conditions for the activity, such as maximum number of completions, repeat intervals, availability for specific segments, as well as start and end date.
- Frequent examples of custom events:
- Enrollment to the loyalty program
- Using the search bar
- Adding an item to a wishlist
- Adding an item to favorites
- Subscribing to newsletter
- You can even define actions with negative points. A common use case for point deduction is a newsletter unsubscription event.
Implementing the module
In order to support this module, you need to use the Antavo Loyalty Plugin in your Magento / Magento 2 / Woocommerce store or implement a few changes in your Custom CMS. Besides basic implementation, please follow the additional technical instructions for this module in our developer documentation.