- Adding a new challenge
- Managing challenges
- Challenge completions
- Challenge statistics
- Best practices
- Implementing the module
We developed the Challenges module to help you make any activity rewardable. Use the Challenges module to combine and specify the events you want to reward, whether they be factory events or events set up in the Custom events module. With this module you can reward activities like: “Buy at least 3 products at once!” or “Subscribe to our newsletter and read it 3 times a week”. Be creative! Moreover you can decide to hide a challenge from customers and reward them for their actions when they least expect it.
Except for hidden challenges, the challenges that you set up will appear as a card on the ‘Earn points’ page of your Loyalty Hub.
You can find the configuration page of Challenges module by clicking on the ‘Modules’ item in the sidebar, and scrolling down to the ‘Gamification’ module category.. The page will open to a list of challenges that have already been set up using this module.
Adding a new challenge
- Click on the ‘Create’ button in the upper right corner of the Challenges module page
- Check the ‘This is a hidden challenge’ checkbox or leave it unchecked if you want to add a card to the Loyalty Hub and let your customers know that they can complete a challenge
- Click ‘Next’
- Enter the name of the challenge
You will be able to find the challenge with this name on the Loyalty Platform. If it’s not a hidden challenge, then this name will appear on the card in the Loyalty Hub.
- Add a description *not applicable to hidden challenges
The description helps customers understand what they need to do in order to complete the challenge.
- Add a category *not applicable to hidden challenges
Choose a category from the dropdown menu or create a new one by typing a category name into the field.
- Upload an image *not applicable to hidden challenges
The image must be at least 500×260 pixels in size to ensure your card will look great on both desktop and mobile devices.
- URL*not applicable to hidden challenges
Enter the URL where the customer will be taken after they click on the CTA button on the card.
- Enter a label for the Call-to-Action button *not applicable to hidden challenges
Specify the number of points you’d like to award customers.
- Points history phrase
This is how the challenge will appear for customers on the Points history page of the Loyalty Hub.
- Start date
The challenge will appear on the Loyalty Hub on this date.
- End date
The challenge will disappear from the Loyalty Hub on this date
By using the dropdown menu, you can make the challenge applicable for specific customer segment(s) and/or list(s) only. Learn more about segmentation and customer lists here.
- Display challenge only for the selected segment(s) *not applicable to hidden challenges
Check the box if you would like to hide the reward from customers who are not a part of the selected segments or lists. If you leave the box unticked, customers who are not a part of the segments you’ve selected will see a locked card with a grey layer, indicating that it is currently not available for them.
- Restriction message *not applicable to hidden challenges
Let your customers know how they can unlock the challenge. (Only applicable if the display of challenge has not been restricted.)
Specify the actions you want to reward with loyalty points. You can add as many criteria as you want. Keep in mind that the more criteria you set, the more actions your customer has to complete in order to earn their points.
- Choose the customer event(s) to reward. This can be a factory event or a custom event set up in the Custom events module.
If you want to reward customer actions with specific attributes (e.g., when a customer reviews a specific product), you can add filters with the attribute, the operator and the value.
- Criterium with 3 conditions
- Period: the period of time the user has to complete the challenge (e.g., ‘1 week’ means that the customer has to complete the challenge within 1 week from the first action taken)
- Interval: the interval in which the user has to take actions (e.g., ‘1 day’ means that the customer must perform the actions daily for the given period)
- Threshold: number of times the user has to complete the action
- Criterium description
You can inform the customer what they must do in order to complete this particular action, displayed on the challenge card.
- Enable repeatability by setting an interval in which customers can earn points for completing the challenge
- Enable a completion limitation by specifying how many times a customer can earn points for completing the challenge
Saving and activating a challenge
Once you have entered all the information required for the challenge, save your settings using the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the setup page. First the challenge will be saved as ‘inactive’, which means the challenge card will not appear in the Loyalty Hub and will appear only in the list of rewards in the Challenges module configuration page.
After you have saved your new challenge, you can activate it right away using the ‘Set active’ button on the upper right-hand side of the challenge setup page and confirm the activation in the dialog that subsequently appears.
Editing a challenge
- Go to the Challenges module configuration page
- Click the challenge that you want to edit
- Edit your challenge
- Save your changes by clicking on the ‘Save’ button
Deleting a challenge
You cannot delete an challenge from the Loyalty Platform. If you’d like to make an challenge unavailable for loyalty program members, edit and save your challenge with the ‘Inactive’ status.
Filter activities on the Loyalty Platform by clicking on the ‘Filter’ button at the top of the module configuration page, next to the ‘Create’ button. There are three options available: filter activities by their status, type, or both. Just click ‘Apply’ to see the filtered list or ‘Reset’ to choose a new filtering method.
Searching for a challenge
Use the search bar to search for a specific challenge name in the challenge list on the Challenges module page.
You can check the full list of challenge completions by navigating to the specific challenge and clicking on the ‘Completions’ tab on the left side.
View detailed reports on how your activities are performing individually. To reach the ‘Statistics’ page of a challenge, go the the Challenges module configuration page, click on the challenge you’d like to learn more about, and navigate to ‘Statistics’ page.
On this page, you can find numbers detailing the performance of a challenge during the selected timeframe.
- Total number of challenge completions (to check all completions, navigate to the ‘Completions’ tab on the left-hand side, where the date of each completion and the members who completed it are listed)
- Number of members who have completed the challenge
- Number of points earned by completing the challenge
- Graph of the number of completions
- We recommend waiting to including challenges until the loyalty program has been up and running for some time. Let your customers get familiar with simpler actions first.
- Try experimenting with many different challenge types throughout the life of your loyalty program and keep the elements your customers like most for the long run.
Implementing the module
In order to support this module, you need to use the Antavo Loyalty Plugin in your Magento / Magento 2 / Woocommerce store or implement a few changes in your Custom CMS. In addition to basic implementation, please implement custom events triggering the activities. You can more about custom event here.