Marketers love the day of love, since it’s an opportunity to drive sales and to engage customers. Read these materialistic tips and tricks for inspiration.
Valentine’s Day is a good opportunity to drive sales and to engage customers. However it’s barely easy to find out how to take advantage of the day of love, and how to start thinking about it.
$$ Cash in $$
According to the National Retail Federation of the USA people spend not only on the significant other, but also on friends, pets, coworkers and classmates. Plus it's also interesting to know that men spend $158 at the occasion while women spend around $75. No doubt, small value products and services have an advantage!
But not only gift and flower shops can be happy for the occasion.
Unsexy brands may also try to run a V-day promo, but e.g. a windows retailer definitely needs to think hard when crafting the marketing tagline. “Have better windows and keep the sound of love inside the flat!” – What about his one? Sexy enough to catch the attention?
Worth considering. Read further for more feasible ones.
Have you heard about a SAD deal before?
8 tips, that may work for every business
- Extend the occasion, start your promotion at the beginning of February!
- Donate time to charity and talk about it.
- Make a special offer like “bring someone you love, and that person gets 50% off”.
- Give a small gift to customers.
- Offer a free rose for every purchase of $30 or more.
- Give red gift-wrapping for free.
- Make a SAD deal (i.e. Single Awareness Day deal) for single people.
- Use Facebook Ads, so you can target according to relationship status.
Here is an infographics as a sincere how-to guide to cash in on the day of love.
- Should you have the idea, you may create a promotion to your Facebook Page or website with Antavo.
- You think your product is unsexy? You have no idea what kind of V-day promotion to run? Comment below and tell me more about your doubts.
Spread the love and this post to marketers, who need inspiration!